Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Junk Yard


While out in Colorado Springs a few weeks ago, I had some downtime and was able to stop at a junkyard on the side of the Highway. I saw it while driving to where the XRRA Rock Race was being held, and thought it would be a great opportunity to get some unique photos.

All the racers and vendors were in town while registration was going on, and it looked as if no one was working at the junkyard. There were hundreds of old abandoned cars and a large grassy field and I was the only soul around. Had the 'The Hills Have Eyes' vibe going lol. When I travel alone I don't mind at all, I actually prefer it. I do wish that my fiance Jamie could come to some of the places I travel but its hard with both our schedules. If there is one person who I'd want by my side at all times its her.

I had a lot of fun roaming around the junkyard, getting away from what I've been shooting constantly for the past few years was a nice break. I miss the times when you're free to shoot anything you want, but its also not a bad curse to be busy. Here are a few for you to check out. Enjoy!









No comments: